Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Afternoon snack.








I can't keep my mind focused on one thing. My mind races persistently and my heart is beating so fast. I feel anxious and jittery but I really can't complain. I can't wait to float in the sea and let the waves crash over me. The beach is something I miss greatly when I'm away from home. I never realized how lucky I was to have the beach so close to home. One day I will live on the beach or somewhere very close to it and swing in my hammock in my backyard. I enjoy the feeling of the sun wrapping its arms around me and the salty air mingling with my face and hair. I get so lost sometimes. Driving to school this morning I felt so free and happy. If only we could hold onto our good feelings for more than a few moments in time. The mind works in mysterious ways. I'm holding on so tightly to my youth, I never want to grow up. In two weeks reality will hit me hard and I'm ready. I'm ready for it all.

No comments: