Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Fancy



I went to a very lovely baby shower last weekend at an English Tea house. The experience was both delightful and delicious. The intricately detailed tea cups & pots, the cucumber/cream cheese sandwiches, and the scones with Jam and clotted cream (forgive me if I'm incorrectly naming the butter) were absolutely fantastic! There's something I find intriguing and refreshing about the English accent. Their vocabulary is quirky and it makes me chuckle. It would be neat to adopt some words from their vocabulary. The woman who served us sounded so polite and inviting when she asked if anyone would "fancy" some more tea. If I could, I would eat scones for breakfast everyday. They are comparable to a fluffy and sweet English muffin but a million times better. Eat a scone before you die, you won't regret it!

No comments: